Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Melancholy - Large acrylic landscape on canvas

"Colorful Forest"
18x36 on canvas large acrylic landscape painting
By artist Derek T. Collins
This is my latest painting. I loaded all of my stuff up and went to paint with some other artist. I was the only one who showed up. This is the painting that I painted there. It was enjoyable none the less. I got a Penn Station sub and a cup of coffee. I was kinda, almost like a normal person,(I'll never be normal) actually being out in public and seeing other people. I don't have any shows in the winter and since my oldest son started driving, I can go for many days and really have no reason to go anywhere. Sometimes I have to go to town just to get away. The isolation sometimes can be a little maddening.
I've been thinking about the summer shows that are coming up.
The economy being as it is, I'm not sure if I looking forward to them, or dreading them. So, it has been one of those tortured artist melancholy days.


No comments:

Post a Comment