Thursday, March 4, 2010

ACEO original watercolor Lighthouse painting of Cape Hatterus

"Cape Hatterus Lighthouse"
2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches
ACEO original watercolor Lighthouse painting of Cape Hatterus
$18 free shipping to the US
-
-
I am starting to hear back from art shows, it looks like it could be an interesting year. I have gotten in a couple shows that I have been trying to get in for years. I got on the wait list for Talbot Street in Indianapolis. I have been applying for 15 years. I hear it is a Gran-fathered show. At least that is how it has been in the past. Once you are in, your in. I have been paying a $20 jury fee for 15 years and have just now gotten on the wait list. That is pretty sad. I have always sent very bright paintings with reds and yellows.


This year I went with Blues and purples, that are slightly more realistic, and not so much in your face. I also got in the 57st Art Show in Chicago. Hopefully the good news will keep on coming. It is a fickled business. The trick is getting back in the good shows that I did last year and then getting in more good ,new shows this year.


On many weekends, I will apply to 3 shows, hoping to get in one. I might get in 2 and have to cancel one, or I might not get in any of them. You just never know, it depends on who they pick to be on the Jury. It is a Crap Shoot, which makes it hard to plan your year. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment