Thursday, August 20, 2009

Cape Disappointment Lighthouse - Original acrylic seascape painting on canvas

"Cape Disappointment Lighthouse"
Original acrylic seascape painting on canvas

12x24
In my Etsy Store
-
-
I was asked to paint a painting during a church service, I only had 1 hour and 15 minutes.
It was a special service, no preaching, only worship music. There were 3 artist at the front painting, there were about 400 people attending. This is the painting that I painted on a blank canvas, with no drawing. I was really Boogie-ing. I don't usually paint at that speed, but it really has some amazing detail.
-
-
I was given the concept of God is my Rock, my refuge, the light that guides my path. It is filled with a lot of symbolism.
-
-
I thought about all the things that come against us in life. They are symbolised by the Crashing waves, the storm, the mountains in the background. The last thing that comes against us is discouragement, and that is why I chose Cape Disappointment. How, ironic that a Lighthouse, a beacon of hope, was built on a Cape named Disappointment. In the sky there is a Dove and there are three boats, moving toward the Lighthouse.
-
-
The story goes, that a sailor arrived there and thought he was home. It looked just like where he was going, and so he left Disappointed, because his journey wasn't over.
-
-


4 comments:

  1. I am trying to find out if you painted a picture I have.It is done on canvas with oil paint. It is large like maybe 50 by 59. It has a light house to the right of picture with waves washing up to the left and the sun is setting. there are clouds in the sky with seagulls flying low to the ground. colors are orange and brown like. signed Collins. Thanks Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please e-mail me at lwendell@centurytel.net with your answer for the above question about the light house. I really need to know who painted it. Thank you Lynn Wendell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry,It wasn't me. I have never signed paintings using just Collins. Good luck in your search.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete