Wednesday, October 30, 2013

watercolor landscape painting river and trees with water reflections


watercolor landscape painting river and trees with water reflections
"Serenity"
In painting the water reflection I first wetted the entire water area.  Then I dropped the dark tree reflection on the left in and let it diffuse.
I waited to see how far it would spread and then I painted in the blue of the water careful not to let the 2 areas run together lest I get a back wash or a strange color combination if they had blended.  At this point I can wait for it to dry, rewet it and then drop in the tree reflections on the far bank.  Instead I chose to wait for it to dry and then I just painted in the tree reflections.  The point of  doing it this way is that I have both hard and soft edges in the water, which makes it more interesting. Though either way will work
This is a Giclee print available in
various sizes
In my Etsy Store
Click the link above




No comments:

Post a Comment