Monday, November 30, 2009

Miniature ACEO watercolor fall country road painting

"Country Road"
2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches
Miniature ACEO watercolor Fall country road painting
$18 in My Etsy Watercolor Store
-
-
As my brain isn't wired like a normal person, I did this painting in a way that some people would call backwards. I painted the yellow trees first then the distant trees, then mountain, then sky. The last thing was to put the tree trunks in.
-
-
This is a short cut that keeps me from having to do a lot of drawing. I hate to draw, and I think for me at least, it is a much freer way to paint. It also keeps me from having to use Masking Fluid, to save the white of the paper. I want instant gratification.
-
-
I figure,by the time I draw it out and then paint the masking fluid on, I will already have the painting done. So why bother with all that. I always look for the simpliest way to paint a painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment