Thursday, July 30, 2009

Original watercolor painting of a sailboat at sunset on Lake Michigan

I did an art show in early July. The friendly people of St. Joseph, Michigan put artist up in their homes. The gracious Lady that I stayed with had 2 other artist staying in her home. Her home sat on a high Bluff that overlooked Lake Michigan. The day before the show, I drove 7 hours, then set my tent up. When I arrived at the ladies home, this was the view that I saw. The 4 of us sat and watched the sun go down. She said that a sunset like this only occurs on rare occasions. Lucky me! I told her I was going to paint the scene. It was a scene that I won't soon forget.

2 comments:

  1. How can I get this painting? Or a print? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. I swear that purchase option was not there last night! I have ordered the painting for my friend who's dad just passed away...

    ReplyDelete