Thursday, February 12, 2009

Large acrylic Seascape on canvas

Majestic Sunset

24x36 large acrylic on canvas
It has been a long time since I have painted a seascape. I painted the sky and then I set it aside for 2 days, I just couldn't decide if it was going to be a landscape or a seascape. I guess I had it in my mind that I was painting a landscape. When I finished the sky, the first thing I thought was seascape! I guess that threw me, also it had been a while since I had painted a seascape. It took me some time to get myself in a seascape kind of mind frame.








This has some really nice detail work!



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Derek

    Is this painting still available for purchase by any chance?

    Thanks.

    Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your interest. I believe it is. It would be $165. that includes shipping, to the US. If you are interested I could send you a Paypal, money request. I take US checks and Money order. I believe I set it aside to take to my art shows this fall, that's why it didn't have a price on it. Thanks Derek

    ReplyDelete